Wednesday 21 March 2012

Idle thoughts


These are kind of idle thoughts which I have... they hurt...


What happened to music? Remember melody? Lyrics with meaning to them? where did they go?

I might have the soul of an old grump but I'm quite youthful... shouldn't I be listening to Jason Derulo?

Well I hate Jason Derulo!
I hate Lady Gaga!
I hate Tinee Tempah!
And most other modern "artist."

Look I'm happy for people to listen to and like this garbage, a lot of people I know don't like Voltaire and I'm happy with that it's about preference but  I don't understand where good music has gone!

I know there are so many problems but... lets look at a few big ones.

1. Lyrics: I love the lyrics of a song they can move a man to tears or enrage him or fire him up.
Take the lyrics of Hurt by nine inch nails (I know Johnny cash sang it but that was a cover)
The lyrics express the sorrow of drugs which ruined the singers life which really is powerful, (this is where Cash comes in) these lyrics were so good that Johnny Cash pretty much gave the song a whole new meaning (he did this with all songs really) I love both versions it's like they are two seperate songs one is about the effects of drugs on your life and the other is about the effects of age on your life and reflection from your deathbed.

The other day I heard that KE$HA song that came out a year or two ago about going out and getting pissed like a "slag" and thought... what has gone wrong?

I have often hated songs for their lyrics some are just offensive and just bloody pretentious like Bruno mars writes in lazy song about having sex with his girlfriend till she orgasms... nice... real fucking nice... I'm sure the kids who listen to this will learn a lot of good morals from you.

2. Melody I listen out these days but rarely hear anything that sounds like a musical instrument either a techno beat in the background or some crappy stereo mix thing that takes the singer's voice and GRIIIINDS it ever so slowly and painfully through a mixing desk. Take Ke$ha as an example every one of her songs consiquently sound the same, it's all just a computer heliumating (Yeah I made that word up...) her voice until it's annoying.

Oh and can I ask? What is it with having to say your name at the begining of all your songs? Is that because all pop songs sound the same these days and you need your name on it so you know who's is who's? It's like school where you have to put your name on your work so it doesn't get lost... Tinee tempah! Jason Derulo! you're song's grade came back... they both got a U.

3. Annoying personalities are another key thing, a few of them are respectable I hate their music but some of these young folks talk modestly about themselves and others are drunken whores. The difference is though, is that there aren't any who stand out with a likeable personality!

Look I could ramble on, but here is what I propose...

We sacrifice 10 crappy "artists" to God for a swapsy for someone who is good from the old days. Who's going to miss Justin Beiber? Let's get Cash back!

No comments:

Post a Comment